On April 12, 2016, the Minister of North Caucasus Affairs, Lev Kuznetsov, paid a two-day working visit to the Tskhinvali region. He was accompanied by Melnik. The meeting discussed activities envisaged under the 2015-2017 investment program promoting the social and economic development of the Tskhinvali region. The delegation also inspected the progress of construction of the maternity hospital, the children's hospital, the university, the drama theater, the bakery, and residential buildings.
On March 1, 2018, Melnik visited Tskhinvali together with the Deputy Minister of North Caucasus Affairs, Igor Koshin. During the visit the Russian delegation, together with the de facto Prime Minister of Tskhinvali Region, Erik Pukhaev, inspected the buildings of State University as well as Drama Theatre, which was being renovated from 2015 to 2017, in terms of the investment program supporting the social-economic development of the region.
On July 16, 2018, the new Minister of North Caucasus Affairs, Sergey Chebotarev, visited Tskhinvali Region for the first time in his tenure as a Minister, accompanied by Melnik. A meeting regarding social-economic cooperation was held under Chebotarev’s chairmanship.
- On January 29, 2019, Melnik paid 3 day working visit to Tskhinvali. Erik Pukhaev, de facto Prime Minister, hosted him. Melnik together with Marat Kulakhmetov, Russian “ambassador“ to Tskhinvali Region, visited under construction maternity hospital in Tskhinvali. Aim of the visit was to familiarize if there were any concerns in regards of either financing or construction materials availability. On January 30, Melnik discussed issues of socio-economic cooperation between Russia and Tskhinvali region. Parties reviewed priority directions of 2020-2022 investment program formation. During the meeting preparation for inter-governmental regular meeting was also discussed.
- On July 8, 2019, Melnik paid three day working visit to Tskhinvali Region in order to inspect ongoing construction activities under the Investment Program. Melnik met with the region de facto leaders, including Erik Pukhaev, de facto Prime Minister. At the meeting issues of socio-economic cooperation between Russia and Tskhinvali region and Investment Program for 2020-2022 were discussed.
- On September 10, 2019, Igor Koshin, Deputy Minister of North Caucasus Affairs of Russian Federation, paid working visit to Tskhinvali Region. He curates Abkhazia and Tskhinvali Region direction at the Ministry. Melnik was the member of Koshin’s delegation. During the visit Koshin met with Anatoly Bibilov, de facto President. Issues of socio-economic cooperation were reviewed at the meeting as well as implementation of Investment Program and agreements signed in 2019. Koshin visited construction facilities under the Investment Program.
- On September 27, 2019, at the working meeting in Tskhinvali was reviewed the progress of investment program promoting socio-economic development of Tskhinvali Region for 2019. The meeting was chaired by Anatoly Bibilov, de facto President of the Region, and attended by de facto government representatives and Marat Kulakhmetov, Russian „ambassador“ to the Region and Melnik – from Russian side.
- On December 13, 2019, in the Tskhinvali Region, delegation of the Ministry of North Caucasus Affairs of the Russian Federation checked ongoing construction financed by Russia. Russian delegation was headed by Melnik. Melnik visited under-construction hotel in Tskhinvali, fountain, memorial complex and 18 apartment residential buildings in Znauri and Java, as well as Joint Information Coordination Center of MoIA.
- On August 23, 2021, the issues of socio-economic development of the Tskhinvali region were discussed with a Russian delegation in Tskhinvali. The meeting discussed the issues of the “allocation of financial support for the socio-economic development” of the Tskhinvali region, the implementation of the investment program, and the so-called “harmonization of customs legislation.” The Russian delegation was chaired by Vitaly Gudin, the Director of the Department for Special Programs and Projects of the Ministry of Economic Development. The delegation comprised Maksim Smirnov, the Head of the Division of Budget Investments and Investment Support to the Republic of South Ossetia of the same Department and Melnik. On August 24, Russian Delegation inspected ongoing projects in Tskinvali and Kvaisa.
- On October 1, 2021, a delegation of the Russian Ministry of Economic Development chaired by the Deputy Minister, Dmitry Volvach, paid a two-day working visit to the Tskhinvali region. Vitaly Gudin, the Director of the Department for Special Programs and Projects of the Ministry of Economic Development and Melnik comprised the delegation. The main purpose of the visit was to inspect facilities under the investment program. On the first day of the visit, the Russian delegation together with Ossetian “colleagues” visited the Tskhinvali N 3 public school, whose restoration was completed in September. On the same day, a working meeting on the socio-economic cooperation between Russia and the Tskhinvali region was held with the participation of de facto President, Anatoly Bibilov. The next day, the Russian delegation, together with the de facto Prime Minister of the Tskhinvali region, Gennady Bekoev, visited the South Ossetian State University and a new maternity hospital in Tskhinvali.
- On June 23, 2022, the de facto Prime Minister of the Tskhinvali region, Konstantin Jusoev, hosted a Russian delegation headed by Vitaliy Gudin, the Director of the Department for Special Programs and Projects of the Russian Ministry of Economic Development. Members of the delegation were Melnik and Maksim Smirnov, the Head of the Division of Budget Investments and Investment Support to the Republic of South Ossetia. The meeting discussed the development of the 2020-2022 investment program and the formation of the 2023-2025 investment program.
- On September 16, 2022, a meeting between the de facto government of the Tskhinvali region and a delegation of the Ministry of Economic Development of Russia was held in Tskhinvali. The Chairman of the de facto government, Konstantine Jusoev, met with a group of employees of the Ministry of Economic Development of Russia, chaired by the Director of the Department for Special Programs and Projects, Vitaly Gudin. Melnik and Gudin's another deputy - Yulia Sukhoverkhova also took part in the meeting from the Russian side.
- On April 19, 2023, the Deputy Minister of Economic Development of Russia, Dmitry Volvach, visited the de facto republic. The meeting with de facto authorities discussed the issues of socio-economic cooperation between Russia and the de facto republic. Melnik also attended the meeting.
- On June 30, 2023, a Russian delegation inspected a solid household waste recycling landfill in the de facto republic. The facility was built in 2020. The Russian delegation was accompanied by the de facto President, Alan Gagloyev. Melnik was among the members of the delegation.
- On September 15, 2023, the Deputy Minister of Economic Development of the Russian Federation, Dmitry Volvach, and Melnik visited the de facto Republic. During the long visit, Volvach and Melnik held meetings with representatives of the de facto government and inspected construction and repair works which are ongoing under the investment program developed by Russia to promote the socio-economic development of the occupied regions of Georgia.